Tuesday, October 4, 2011

City Council Meeting

Tonight I attended our Centerville City Council meeting. It was great to hear the discussion of the Centerville Foothills Management Plan. I really was impressed with the citizens that were in attendance that had questions, or wanted their opinion heard. Well Done!
I am still hopeful that the Foothills Management Plan will do what I am hoping...that is, to keep the foothills how they are. As this was being discussed, the thought came into my mind: "Why can't we just put a plan into place that says that the foothills will remain the same forever?"
I know this is a silly thought, but it does have some validity. I hope we can keep our foothills as they are, and that we can avoid development up there.
Other than the Foothills discussion, I continue to be interested in the discussion surrounding the property on Chase Lane that is a health concern and hazard to the neighborhood. It is a very touchy situation, and it seems that it is a "lose-lose" situation for all involved. I credit the city council, the neighbors, and those with interest in the property for working to come to a solution. I hope that all involved will feel good about the final decision that will be made.
Other than these two issues, there were some other minor discussions. The meeting lasted until after 10:00 pm. Now, it is time for sleep.
Another post coming tomorrow, after my first Cottage meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment